EOI: RD-RZ large capacity radiators.

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Re: EOI: RD-RZ large capacity radiators.

Post by JonW »

Pete sounds like you had a good think over xmas, sadly ive been up to my neck in other things. still want to drop down and meet up with you as pr our emails, perhaps we should do some of this stuff over a coffee? Alex is based down near you, he might be free at lunch too? if that sounds doable lets hook it up on day, maybe next week?
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Jon happy to catch up. Only day Ill be at work this week is wednesday 4th otherwise it'll have to be the week after when ill be in the whole week.
Im dropping into work on the wednesday just to do some admin for half the day so lunch or coffe or something would be fine.
Anyway let me know what works for you :-)
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Oh and P.S. ive had the Rad factory confirm they will make anything we can design and are able to work from CAD drawings no probs.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Pete, works for me mate. will drop you an email. I'll bring a rad or 2 if i can find them and we can chat it thru. :)
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Just a quick update if anyones wondering.
Jon dropped over and brought a couple of rads so we could measure up and check our dimensions against the drawings etc and see what they all looked like in comparo to other large cap rads.
Jon also is waiting for one of the guys from UK to supply some measurements from his rad so we can make sure its all on the right track.
If thats OK, l'll make the changes to the drawings and see if I can get the sample made up.
Hope thats still OK
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Hey Pete,thats great news,just sorry I cant add to this project as I think it is in very capable hands now,more so than I could ever have done.
Look forward to updates.
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Pete,wondering if it possible to get a temp sender bung placed somewhere on the core?One of the side tanks perhaps?Be good for the nut bags running Athena etc they can then have a reliable temp sender mount.....
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

I was told you dont want the rad temp Jase, its the head temp you need. I would either tap out the Athena head, easy to do when off the bike, or run a remote thermostat with a temp sender fitted just before the stat.

If i was you Jase, I would pay Roger to drill and tap your head whilst he has it, simples and worth not having the hassle as he knows where to drill etc.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Course, what would be cool is a boss to fit a fan switch... probably an R6 unit to go with the R6 fan we might fit... hmm...
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Ahhhh,cool thanks for the info,just messaged Roger about it.....
I just saw this mod on another stroker & thought thats a cool idea......
Obviously not lol.
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

no worries m8, always pays to get as much done in one go as possible and whilst hes doing your squish, your fettling and other stuff you may as well ask the poor run off his feet bloke to do that as well, tell him i suggested it and he will curse me (again) LOL
L.B.
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by L.B. »

Already told him you said to get the "clean up jobby" by him rofl.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Just so you know, im just waiting on my CAD expert to make the changes so I can post a drawing with the changes, should be a day or 2.
Ive hand written them, but a bit messy to send O/S.
Will post soon.
Pete
JonW
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by JonW »

Thanks Pete, if you need any help, let me know :)

As we said Im more than happy to help with the testing and dev work. My bike is almost a runner... its so close i can almost taste it! :D
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

OK so this is a basic drawing, but I had an idea that might make this rad a little more useable for all. What if we put screw holes in the side and then can bolt up almost any ally panel for fitment you want, eg LC or RZ.
Needs a little more work, but let me know what you think.
Possibly could then incorporate a bracket to run around back to hold an R6 fan ?
Or put screw mounts in the bottom so could mount RZ plates and also send mounts for fan from bottom.
Any further ideas before i get something done in CAD ?

Also anyone want to double check my measurements ? I have now made the bottom and top chambers extend full length across and angled them at the front aka Smads design in UK I got from JonW, and increased width by 20mm each side and put in the extra 9mm outlet in top chamber.
If this design is OK ill get Mr CAD to draw it up better and include the side bracket drawings too.
Attachments
This is like the side plate, see how its riveted then welded, we could make this screws on with stainless screws so we could use diff plates
This is like the side plate, see how its riveted then welded, we could make this screws on with stainless screws so we could use diff plates
smads side 2.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
doc120314.tif
doc120314.tif (39.9 KiB) Viewed 1737 times