i wonder if it sells this time? the last buyer simply disapeared,lol
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221046989963 ... 973wt_1396
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: marsbar back on the bay

Post by EPApolice »

Oh Dear!
If that was me I would have bought a dog of a 350 with matching numbers to get it right. There is no way a 250 with the wrong engineand wrong parts is worth that. Put all the 350 gear you want on it its still a 250 to the collector.
Jeram
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Jeram »

perhaps the bold red capital ebay add writting will help it sell this time haha
the following 4T propaganda was brought to you by your local 2T lobby group...

"whats that youve got there?... a 450? "
yeah...
"what cereal packet did that come out of? "
huh?...
"I just wanted to know, because theres nothing worse than finding a piece of shit in the bottom of your corn flakes. "
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

gee its back on ebay, would love to know why,this is the 3rd time
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-RD-35 ... 027wt_1396
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I think its called a reality check
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Hey, if there's one thing I'm always impressed by it's sheer bloody-mindedness :-)

He's bid himself up to $5,500 again in nice round numbers!

What's the best thing with a bike like this - ignoring the price and the way this fella's been trying to sell it. Not matching numbers, and an upgraded 250 in any case as far as the purists are concerned. I'm not a purist, and neither were the riders back in the day, at least in the UK.

This one though, someone said they'd seen it and it looked the business, ran like a charm etc.
Hmmm if I WERE a purist, and if the price was right, I'd be tempted to think about grabbing one like this as a donor for all the restored or immaculate parts, maybe graft everything onto a matching frame and crankcases.

Just a thought.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
Baffled
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Baffled »

Sold again for $5600...
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

i actually looked at this bike and i think in the description where he said its in imaculate show room condition can be an out if you won it, as ive just done one and i would go close to describing mine that way , a few things like some rust on the headlight surround and on the fork, so i was led to believe a fork seal leaks, some paint not upto scratch (for Showroom), all in all a good solid,well enginerred bike,but like most bikes,the photos are flattering. i wonder if it sold this time?
Lowflying
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by Lowflying »

Thing js, not everyone's a collector, not everyone expects their bike to be an "investment" so that they can get most of their money back (how many of us ever do, even with matching numbers - especially if you count your time in labour and parts) and not everyone has the time and skills to buy a matching numbers dog and build it up.

When I was looking for an RZ 350 a couple of years ago, I found that it was pretty hard searching. I would've been happy to get one in decent shape (which for me means almost 100% as I'm better at my job than fixing bikes) for 5-6 G's, matching #'s or not. I ended up taking a punt on a matching #'s 250 with a 350 top end for 2100. I knew it would need some love - so far I'm into it for about 6 grand and I'm really happy with it, but if I could've found it in that condition and paid 6 at the time I woulda jumped! Just me and my opinion as I can see if you're really handy with bikes there would be a cheaper way to go, especially if you don't consider your time in the shed tinkering to have any actual dollar value.

Bottom line, the seller is maybe not so evil, and the buyer maybe not so stupid.
If people quit riding after a crash, there'd be nobody left riding!