Source for PV O-rings?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Source for PV O-rings?

Post by jools »

Anyone know of where I can get x3 powervalve o-rings in Oz? (The ones that fit on the bushes) -I'm on a bit of a deadline to get this bike ready for a 'fathers and sons' ride so I need them quickly if poss.
The bike is a 250RZ '84 34J (I think the 350 ones are different)
Cheers
Jools
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: Source for PV O-rings?

Post by EPApolice »

I would go to the local bearing supplier and get some o rings to do the job. You should be able to get little selection boxes there, just make sure the size you need is in there and your set.
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

Yep, I got some Viton O rings for the PV end caps from the local bearing supplier.
jools
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by jools »

I'd maybe worry about just chucking in any 'normal' o-ring onto those bushes, (not talking end caps here) -they're operating in a very hot, chemically harsh environment, could be some sort of super-rubber compound, nitrile or something? And...
My memory is not to be trusted!... but I seem to remember when I did my ol' 350 15 years ago, that the o-rings weren't the normal round cross section, but square section (?). I'll know soon.
Anyway, I've ordered some from my handy local Yammie dealer, easy (but not cheap at $10 a pop. Great that they can still get 'em -for a 1984 bike. And they've actually got the (crown shaped) oil seals in stock!
Cheers,
One more thing, can anyone confirm the standard main jet size, for an '84 RZ250 YPVS 34J.
155 right? (As found the bike had had 180's installed)
-Jools
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

What I meant was go to the shop and tell them why you want and they will be able to sort you out and the selection packs you can get are worth buying as you always need O rings. Or you can just get raped at $10 each.
w3a51l
Regular Stroker
Regular Stroker

Post by w3a51l »

EPApolice wrote:What I meant was go to the shop and tell them why you want and they will be able to sort you out and the selection packs you can get are worth buying as you always need O rings. Or you can just get raped at $10 each.
+1 to the above. I get my o-rings from the local hydraulics parts place. They know their shizzle, and costs about 5% of OEM prices. Either take the parts and old o-rings for them to inspect and guesstimate or get the numbers for diameter and section from your Stealer.