What performance from standard 350LC ?

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Re: What performance from standard 350LC ?

Post by 2TInstitute »

hybrid wrote:Lozza, how much for a set of LC pipes? :D
Usually $400 for a set without silencers. Work much better with massaged LC cylinders.
Banshee and LC are NOT interchangeable. The LC cases or the Banshee crank is 2mm wider between the inner webs, or the LC cases are 2mm wider. Due to the RZ rod being 1mm wider big end. You are best to mod the LC cases to accept 'shee cranks as they are very cheap in the US,although Steve from TSS (last time I spoke with him) had a run of cranks done to TSS spec to fit the LC cases. Take your picK, RZ cylinders have the inner rear stud off set so RZ/'shee cylinders don't fit on LC cases and vice versa.
Best crank is an old aircoooled centre they are works of art.
:lol:

Hmm boat loads of torque I'll have to post some pics of the KTMito 380 I'm building for a fellow in a southern city :wink:
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Hey 2t if Hybrid orders a pair and I do then will the cost be lower re.chambers.

Ive been playing with Rz cranks in Lc's since 94 it being the same as the banshee.

They do drop in however clutch side has a circlip on the bearing it wont drop in the groove.

Hybrid this should be a sticky as its a easy mod to do.

Rz rods are 1mm wider thats correct

The main bearings comprise of a outer race and inner I got machined 1/2mm of the inner race of both outer main bearings this allows the bearings to move closer to the webs and allowing the clutch side bearing circlip to drop into the case groove.

Job done as easy as that Ive never had a problem and have been using Narchi bearings c3 clearance.Dave Blissit does all my work his number can be supplied.
Antman
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Antman »

Ive heard rumors that you can run a Rz cdi in a Lc is this true?

Hybrid if I decide to run a zeeltronic does this require much wiring can a numpty install one?

Is it just a replacement cdi?

Ant
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

2T count me in for a set of chambers too ...
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Actually 2T, if your doing them Id love to get 2 sets, one for my old girl and one for the new one im building, so that make 4 with Ant and Hybrid ??
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

2TInstitute wrote: Banshee and LC are NOT interchangeable.
No, the cranks and barrels aren't interchangable, but I didn't think that is what he was asking.
The RZ/Banshee engine will bolt straight into the LC Frame though.

But no, you can't buy just the stroker kit for the banshee and fit it straight into the LC cases.

Ant: they aren't very hard to install, and Borut gives a good wiring diagram/instructions to install. You basically unplug the wires between the pickup and the CDI, plug the pickup into the VCDI, run ignition power to the VCDI, then plug the VCDI into the original CDI. Can't see a reason you couldn't put the RZ CDI into an LC, but who knows if the curve would suit.
You also have to take off the pickup backing plate and elongate the holes so you can set it to around 35 degrees advance. You need to set your static advance to at least the max advance that you will want. The VCDI can't create advance... all it does is delays the spark until the right moment, so it needs to get its signal before the actual spark needs to happen.

DOC03: You should be able to run banshee carbs - the only issue is going to be the manifolds, so it depends how big you go. The RZ and LC manifold hole spacings are the same, so you may even be able to use banshee manifolds anyway. What you have to be careful of is clearance around the airbox etc. I wouldn't go any bigger than 28's on a street LC anyway. Another mod you can do is get the barrel inlets ported a little to fit the RZ reed cages (which I have done), and you can then fit all the banshee reeds etc, but plenty of guys make decent power from the LC without this mod. The RZ cages/reeds are bigger.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

DOC03 wrote: In regard to the carbs, would something like this set up be OK;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

The other thing I wondered about these is fitting them with throttle tubes etc, is there much massaging needed ?

They should fit without too much trouble. I even used the standard cables on mine, but they would be better with new cables made from the junction box the carbs. The angled adapter into the top of the carbs is better than the straight one that comes with the KR1S carbs.

If you mean fitting them into the rubber manifolds, then they should go in without too much trouble. I put new manifolds on mine, so the rubber was nice and soft. If you're keeping the standard air box, you might need to work out if the standard airbox boots will go over the outside of the PWK's. I've got uni filters on mine. I need new ones actually.

And Lozza... I want some of your pipes. My barrels are not standard. You'll probably need the bike up at your workshop for it I imagine?
2TInstitute
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by 2TInstitute »

Geez how many sets is that, my numbering system is 1,2 and many :lol:

All I know is I got a set of LC cases, attempted to fit an RZ crank and everything lined up ecept in the inner face of the webs.Air cooled dropped in but the primary drive side was shorter. Verniers told me the distance between the inner faces of the RZ crank was 2mm shorter Than the LC crank.
Plus serial big bore builder and noted French Yamaha nuter Seb4LO on most forums, told me he relieved the inside face of the LC cases to put in stroker banshee cranks into LC's.
I think the engine mounts, clutch covers etc etc are common across TZ,TD,RZ RD both air and water cooled.I know TZ dry clutches bolt up to LC and even RD 400's.

I'll make a jig so no bikes are needed to make the pipes. Unfortunately it takes the same amount of work to make each chamber, no matter if I do 1 or 100. Would just need to know who runs standard and who has aftermarket rear sets.
Any questions feel free to ring me
zero four one nine - two six eight - zero six one
Did I count 4 sets????
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I'm running the RGV rear end on mine, so I did have to do some very minor mods to clear the swingarm due to the extra width. But I can take any measurements you might need.

By the way, I've got a buttload of work to do on the Mustang before I even think about touching the LC, so I'm happy to wait for the last set to be made.
DOC03

Post by DOC03 »

Last edited by DOC03 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.