Rough Justice.......

Off-Topic chat... chat about anything here.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Rough Justice.......

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rough Justice.......

Post by hybrid »

No sympathy... if you want to pull a gun on someone to steal their property, expect to be shot at by law enforcement.
RD350LC- RGV Mods, PWK28's
RZ500 - YZR Replica, PWK28's
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

hybrid wrote:No sympathy... if you want to pull a gun on someone to steal their property, expect to be shot at by law enforcement.
Gee, remind me never to piss you off!!!! :poke:

(No gun in hand, no 'stop or I'll shot' (in Spanish of course), no warning shots, just bang bang. :-| )
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

havent watched the video so I'm not commenting on that, but "live by the sword, die by the sword"
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

:lol:
Well I assume you wouldn't be "pissing me off" (or anyone else) with a gun in hand, so I'm sure you will be just fine.
Also, it's got to be put into context.
Over there, "stop or I'll shoot" might as well be "here I am, shoot me".
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

He wasted a bullet, one to the head would have done the job
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Easy to be reactionary, and I'll probably sound so, but in general terms if a criminal is happy to use a lethal weapon then he should expect to have the same level of force used upon him. Good job I'm not an armed cop, as I wouldn't take any chances on an innocent being killed or crippled by a criminal brandishing a fire-arm.
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

BRG1200 wrote:Easy to be reactionary, and I'll probably sound so, but in general terms if a criminal is happy to use a lethal weapon then he should expect to have the same level of force used upon him. Good job I'm not an armed cop, as I wouldn't take any chances on an innocent being killed or crippled by a criminal brandishing a fire-arm.
If you did as that Brazilian cop did in Australia the cop would be up for murder,

I Like living in Australia ;) .
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

I haven't watched the video, probably won't, but if a crim goes armed to kill then he should be gunned down before he achieves that goal. Brandish a lethal weapon at anyone and it HAS to be assumed you're willing to use it to kill someone - that's what you're demonstrating to the world.
There ya go, reactionary enough?

We complain about the police and sometimes justifiably, there's inevitably dickheads in every line of work, but we're talking about niggles in comparison, a dodgy parking ticket or something like that.
My general experience of police in England and South Australia is they're a decent bunch doing a job I wouldn't be prepared to do. Well maybe I would, but I'd be up before the beak in no time at all with a few dead criminals in the morgue to account for.

Think of it, what if your daily job is dealing with the scum of the earth in so many cases? You don't even get called in unless there's something nasty to sort out.
People generally don't carry on in a job like that unless they have a strong moral backbone, and an intrinsic instinct to make their country a safer place for everyone.
We "admire" heroic criminals on TV and in "real life" for some probably ill considered reasons, I had an illuminating few conversations with police officers about the much admired bikie gangs (rather than more "enthusiast" groups) and the comments that stuck in my memory were "When one of them decides to separate your teenage daughter from the herd see how much you like them then", comments about drug dealing and violence etc, "its like 1930's Germany, if you're in with the strong side it feels great, but if you're on the other side its awful".

We emphatically DON'T live in a police state, and I'd rather have the police we do have on the streets than any of the alternatives. Having said that its well overdue that the police in the UK are given guns - last years riots demonstrate that.
On the other hand, would you want LA cops? Probably not, as they serve and protect in that very essential American way - shoot first....

Then again, look how heavily armed the crims and ordinary run of he mill nutjobs are over in the States. I'd build a bunker full of assault rifles too, if I lived there.

Who does this soapbox belong to? I'm done with it for now....
Last edited by BRG1200 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fred99999au
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by fred99999au »

I vote for BRG.

That bag-o-shite thief has committed armed robbery for really very little monetary value. I think that in Australia we place too much emphasis on the rights of the crook and nothing on the welfare and wellbeing of Mr and Mrs General Public, and the coppers.

The bleeding hearts brigade should be second against the wall when the revolution comes, right after the political correctness peanuts.

/soapbox

Who's next?
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

EPApolice wrote:He wasted a bullet, one to the head would have done the job
My understanding is that police are generally trained to aim for centre of body mass, easier target and the objective is to stop the crim as fast as possible. Headshots is just showin off ;-)
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Huzzar Fred ! :-)
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

fred99999au wrote: I think that in Australia we place too much emphasis on the rights of the crook and nothing on the welfare and wellbeing of Mr and Mrs General Public, and the coppers.
I think we have it about right although we vacillate around that right balance.

I like living in Australia :drink: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YofAjUe7rww

/soapbox

Who's next?
hybrid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hybrid »

I hope you're not comparing that to the south american case? I don't think anyone would argue the cops were in the right in that one.

So you're riding your bike minding your own business. Someone tries to steal your bike at gunpoint. A cop shoots the guy, and you proceed berate the cop for being heavy handed? Is that how it would go down? :shrug:
Greasemeup
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by Greasemeup »

I think in AU a shooting would only be justified if the officer felt his safety was in immediate danger. The cop that shot this guy shot him while he was trying to get away, at worst, property loss. IMHO the thief deserved it, if he wasn't shot he would have gotten away with the crime.
Do we want AU cops to make those choices about us, could you imagine the public outrage if that happened on video to a 17yo punk on the streets of Melbourne. Judge Dread anybody?