I hate ebay sometimes

Topics regarding Yamaha 2Strokes
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

I hate ebay sometimes

Post by BRG1200 »

Is it just me being a cynical old bastard or does this look very suspect?
ebay item number 221017851214
(very nice looking restored Mars Bar 350LC)

Private listing so you can't see any bidders ID's, all bids in neat multiples of several hundred, lots of frantic teasing about it being taken off unless everyone bids, but contrary messages on the listed comments saying "come have a look, please bid".

Wish people would either put things ON ebay or NOT put them on ebay, not fuck about with "ooh I make take it off" and "reserve the right to remove".

Just my take on it... :wink:
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Re: I hate ebay sometimes

Post by ken007 »

its only a few k's from my place so will arrange to have a look, does looks nice
OzzyElsie
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by OzzyElsie »

BRG1200 wrote:
Private listing so you can't see any bidders ID's, all bids in neat multiples of several hundred, ......
Don't they call that shill bidding?

Nice bike and price is about right I would think.......but 90bhp 8O 8O 8O :roll: :roll:
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

I just had a read of that guys ad. What a tosser it sounds to me that he isint trying to sell it but demanding you buy it for the price he wants which is a secret. It doesnt even have matching numbers and was the mars bar even sold here.
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Looks very nice, I have to say. But.
Mars Bar scheme is arguably about the nicest one and very popular in the UK, but the way this guys apparently going about it would leave a bad taste.
Not matching numbers either? well, for the price I'd say get a nice enough complete one (with numbers) and tart it up at your own pace, not pay over the odds against seemingly bogus bids for perfection that isn't quite there.

I can't quite see the loony prices the UK sometimes sees being truly sustainable here, because this isn't the UK! Notable periodic exceptions excluded.

It was a real landmark bike in the UK mostly for accessibility and insurance reasons, I wonder if that was ever the case here?
Any comment on the cultural significance of the LC in Australia?
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

well i went and had a look aT THE bike (marsbar) and it was a very nice looking bike, started 1st kick from cold without choke and sounded great, and to top it off he was a good bloke, nothing more to say,
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Did he tell you what the reserve was
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

i thought the reserve has been already met as at $6500,the reserve has not been met bit thing has disappeared unless im missing something.
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Yep its gone.
Baffled
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Baffled »

The previos owner of that bike also owned the "NEW" RD 350 LC that was for sale on E-Bay a while ago...
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

they mentioned that to me and they actually housed the 0 K's bike at there house while it was for sale, smaLL WORLD
EPApolice
Master Stroker
Master Stroker

Post by EPApolice »

Its back up on ebay now
BRG1200
Veteran Stroker
Veteran Stroker

Post by BRG1200 »

Small (RD) world alright, if Australia wasn't so big we'd probably all know each other by name :lol:
Ex UK, now in Adelaide. LC250/350. DT175. Shed full of sh1t in the vague form of dismantled rusty RD’s and RZ’s.
ken007
Expert Stroker
Expert Stroker

Post by ken007 »

ken007 wrote:well i went and had a look aT THE bike (marsbar) and it was a very nice looking bike, started 1st kick from cold without choke and sounded great, and to top it off he was a good bloke, nothing more to say,
i wont go into details, i appear to have been wrong about this bloke selling the bike,gee you have to be carefull
Baffled
Occassional Stroker
Occassional Stroker

Post by Baffled »

Please go into details...But do it via my PM... :D